Bake a delicious vegan carrot cake with this easy recipe! This golden-brown cake is sweetened with dates and banana, and is fragrant with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and vanilla. Simply combine the liquid ingredients in a blender before mixing the batter by hand to avoid overbeating. No need to peel carrots— just give them a quick wash then shred them finely. Spread with Vanilla Bean Frosting or serve on its own.
- 1½ cups unsweetened plant milk, such as almond, soy, cashew, or rice
- 4½ ounces pitted whole dates, chopped
- ¾ cup raisins, divided
- ½ cup sliced ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (or seeds from 1 vanilla bean)
- 1¾ cups regular rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1½ cups finely shredded carrots
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup Vanilla Bean Frosting (optional)
- Combine plant milk, dates, ¼ cup of the raisins, banana and vanilla in a medium bowl; let stand for 15 minutes until dates are softened.
- Preheat oven to 180°C; line 8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper or use silicone baking pan.
- Place oats in blender; cover and blend until powder forms; transfer mixture to a large bowl and stir in baking powder, cinnamon ,baking soda ,nutmeg and cloves .
- Transfer date mixture to blender; cover and blend until smooth; add date mixture to oat mixture in bowl; stir just until combined; fold the remaining ½ cup of raisins ,carrots and walnuts (if using).
- Spread batter into prepared baking pan ; bake for 40 to 45 minutes until golden ; cool in pan for 10 minutes ; remove from pan ,cool on wire rack .
- Spread cake with Vanilla Frosting (if using).
Enjoy your delicious vegan carrot cake! It’s the perfect treat for any occasion.
To learn more about living a healthier lifestyle, be sure to check out our free e-book, “12 Tips for a Healthy Weight.” We hope it helps you achieve your health and wellness goals!
Discover the secrets of a healthy weight with our FREE E-Book: “12 tips for a healthy weight”
Are you tired of struggling with your weight, trying countless popular diets and not seeing the desired results? We have the perfect solution for you and your family: our FREE “12 Tips for a Healthy Weight” eBook.
This comprehensive guide will help you reach and maintain a healthy weight without depriving yourself of the foods you love or forcing you to spend endless hours in the gym. It’s all about balance, moderation and making smart choices!
Here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy when you download our free eBook:
- Practical and effective tips that you can easily fit into your daily routine.
- Family-friendly advice that promotes a healthy lifestyle for everyone in your household.
- No more endless sacrifices – learn how to eat and do more than you think while still losing weight.
- Easily achieve sustainable results, with strategies that work over the long term.
Don’t miss this opportunity to transform your life and the lives of your loved ones. Download our FREE e-book ’12 Tips for a Healthy Weight’ and start a journey to better health and happiness today!
Download your free e-book now!